Monday, February 19, 2007

Tired, So Tired

Yeah, I'm exhausted, and I didn't even go to Vegas. Unfortunately. The worst part about not going to Vegas for the All-Star game is reading everybody's stories on what they did in Vegas. It almost hurts inside. Basically, I really wish I went to Vegas this weekend. I really, really wish I went to Vegas this weekend.

It's probably a good thing though. Because I didn't have a wild weekend and I'm still dragging. I'm really not sure why I'm posting anything tonight, because the truth of the matter is there is not much going on today. ESPN and SLAM and everyone else has their recaps of All-Star weekend and their previews of the final third of the regular season. Me? I don't know what I have. Maybe I should just do a combination of the both.

I'll just say that the actual game was pretty lame. The Slam Dunk Contest was decent but could've been better. I missed Chuck vs. Dick but caught it on YouTube tonight. That, along with the East practice featuring the dance-off between Shaq, LeBron and Dwight(He deserves to go by just one name by now right?), and pretty much anything Gilbert Arenas did this weekend were definitely the highlights.

So where do we go from here? Eventually, the playoffs. First we've got the trade deadline coming up on Thursday, which is intriguing considering there are some big names being thrown around like Pau Gasol, Jason Kidd and to a lesser extent, Kevin Garnett.

But I would really be surprised to see any of those guys moved especially considering some of what is being offered in return for some of them. To put it this way, I could give the Nets more for Kidd than what I've heard is being offered for him.

Plus with his personal baggage that's being thrown around in the media right now and the fact that the Nets will get a (potentially) healthy Richard Jefferson in a few weeks, I'd be surprised to see him moved.

But then again, I have absolutely no sources whatsoever. I'm just thinking out loud, er, online. Anyway, I expect the trade deadline to be like the All-Star game, a lot of hype but in the end nothing special. I hope I'm wrong.

We'll start to see which teams turn it on to close out the season and which teams start to fade away. I'm wondering if the Mavericks are going to start to get burnt out. I haven't been keeping track of how Avery Johnson has been taking care of his main guys' minutes, but it's something to definitely keep an eye on.

What I'm coming to is that the rest of the way out is where things get really interesting. I expect to be up late many nights the rest of the season trying to say up and catch the west coast games. Especially since now TNT will be showing Tuesday games along with their usual Thursday lineup. The games start up again tomorrow.