Saturday, February 17, 2007

On The First Night

I was all ready to have a post done after the Rookie-Sophomore game finished last night. Then I got distracted for a moment and all of a sudden I was on my shift on-air at the radio station and I forgot all about doing the post. So I'm going to go ahead and do it first thing in the morning instead.

The sophomores beat the rookies in the Rookie-Sophomore game (just like I predicted!). David Lee won the MVP (not like I predicted!). Lee was 14 of 14 from the field in the game for 30 points, with all of them dunks or layups, and he had 11 rebounds and four assists.

As you could probably tell, defense was not at a premium in this game. I think it went on vacation for the weekend with all the players who didn't make it to All-Star.

As for my MVP pick Danny Granger? 17 points and four rebounds. A pretty good line, but when you consider the sophomores scored 155 points, it kind of diminishes it a bit.

The Rookie-Sophomore game is never really the highlight of All-Star weekend, but it's a good way to kick it off. Saturday is really the meat and potatoes of the weekend, with the Slam Dunk, Three Point, and Skills contests.

One last thing, it made me very happy that the only thing from All-Star weekend that ESPN got the rights to cover was the celebrity game. If you really think about it, it's pretty fitting that that's what ESPN gets to show.

Anyway, good stuff on tonight. I'll try to have another post late tonight or early tomorrow. Peace.