Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Mid-Week Funk

Don't really have much motivation to write anything tonight. Well, not so much motivation as I just plain don't know what to write about. But I feel it's my duty to write something for the legions of fans logging on everyday to read this site. And by legions I mean my mom and dad. So today I'm just going to go through my random thoughts, mostly about the NBA:

  • The All-Star break is coming up, and it's in America's playground, Las Vegas. I'm really curious as to who is going to be the first player to be arrested. Bets should not be taken though the second Stephen Jackson's flight lands in Vegas.
  • This seems like the first year I can remember that by the time the game starts, nobody is going to be complaining about anybody being snubbed from either team. It might have something to do with about half of each original roster being injured and sitting out the game though, but I'm not sure.
  • Today is day 7,533 of my life without NBA League Pass. Just thought you should know.
  • The Celtics goal of tanking their season and winning the lottery is great and all, but it's really screwing with my fantasy season. Didn't they think that some people might be counting on Paul Pierce to help carry their team?
  • Tim Hardaway? Dead to me. His Warriors teams of the early 90's will now be referred to as Run-BMC. The B standing for bigot.
  • If I can't find a job as a sportswriter here in the States after I finish college, I might just go to Spain become a sportswriter there. Why you ask? Because I own the Spanish language, as the 93 I got on my Spanish 1 quiz would attest to.
  • Is there an anti-steroid? Because if there is, Jerome James took the whole batch:
  • Despite losing to the Spurs tonight, the Pistons are my pick to come out of the East.
  • Pat Riley, you're a snake. And from now on, you will be referred to as Nagaina, the cobra from Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.

Just some random thoughts for today. I'll be back tomorrow with something a little more coherent. Hopefully.