Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Couple More Things

Before I forget, there are a couple more things I want to talk about.

First, why is ESPN, on the day of the trade deadline in the NBA, having no special coverage about it? Don't they do that during baseball's trade deadline? Football's trade deadline is of no importance, but basketball's is.

Why are they showing NFL Live at three in the afternoon tomorrow, the exact time of the trade deadline? At a time when the NFL season is over and there is nothing going on, they're going to devote a half hour to talking about NFL news!

Instead they could be having some sort of half hour to hour long NBA special featuring any number for their talking heads discussing the trade deadline. Give me something! This is why the NBA is horrible at NBA coverage and should never be allowed to broadcast another game. Ever. David Stern should be ripping up that contract the NBA signed with ESPN and giving NBC their coverage back.

Second, I read somewhere that Pat "Nagaina" Riley admitted that he wouldn't have taken a leave of absence from the team if they had been playing better. What?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you serious? I'm not sure if this is true, but I'm going to look into it.

If it is, I will no longer have any respect for him. Ever. I don't care how many NBA championships you have, you don't quit on your team only to come back and try and steal the glory for yourself. Trust me, there's more to come on this.