Saturday, February 17, 2007

I Can Admit When I'm Wrong

While I was sitting here today thinking how awesome it would be if the NBA actually did raise the rim to 12 feet for tonight's Slam Dunk Contest for Dwight Howard, I was remembering back to something I said at the beginning of the season about Darko Milicic. It was a post I wrote as sort of a offseason recap/season preview. Anyway, here's a excerpt:

Darko will surprise many people with his play alongside Howard this season, and might even muster up some All-Star votes. That's right, you heard it here first, Darko Milicic will compete for an All-Star spot.

Oops, maybe I was wrong. Or maybe I was right. About the first part at least, or the middle part. I mean, he had to get at least a couple of votes right? His parents had to have voted for him right? His teammates? Perhaps a significant other? Either way, I was way off.