Thursday, February 22, 2007

Blogging the Trade Deadline

I'm going to try something new today. Since I'm here in my recliner in my living room watching the latest news on the trade deadline, I thought I'd live blog everything going on. So here we go:

12:09 - Stephen A. Smith is on Cold Pizza right now talking about the latest news. To sum up what he's saying, not much is going on.

12:11 - ESPN.com already has the news that the Hawks picked up Anthony Johnson from the Mavs for this summer's second round pick. Also, Portland has agreed to send Juan Dixon to the Raptors for Freddie Jones.

12:15 - Just read this from Chad Ford's live chat: Just talked to Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz, on my Daily Dish podcast. You can listen to the link from the ESPN.com NBA front page. He's saying that Kidd will be wearing a Nets uniform tomorrow. Sorry Laker fans.

12:26 - Because ESPN won't give me any special coverage of the trade deadline, I'm forced to scour the Internet for news. Not that that's a bad thing, I just don't like watching Cold Pizza. Thanks ESPN!

12:40 - No new news, and no television coverage, so I'm popping in Gangs of New York.

12:52 - It looks like Mike James is really close to going to Houston. Apparently for Bob Sura. I hope there's a draft pick involved in there somewhere.

1:00 - An hour until the deadline, and other than the two deals mentioned earlier, nothing else is official. Apparently the Cavs are still going hard after Mike Bibby and the Lakers are still trying to find a way to get Kidd without giving up Andrew Bynum.

1:16 - Nothing. I wish I had phone lines to work, but I don't.

1:36 - Still nothing. This has the potential to be one of the worst trade deadlines ever. Which is a shame because so many big names have been mentioned in the days leading up to today.

1:48 - About 10 minutes to go and Yahoo! says Bibby won't be traded, nor Pau Gasol.

2:01 - Trade deadline has passed. We'll find out in the next ten minutes if any deals went down right at the wire.

2:19 - Nothing. I would imagine that if any deals went down at the deadline, they would've been announced by now. I think I can call it a day. Hopefully next year there will be more activity.