Thursday, March 15, 2007

March Badassness

I watched probably the best basketball game of the season so far last night when the Suns beat the Mavericks in double overtime. Everybody and their step-mother has already written about it today, I'll just say that it was everything it was expected to be and leave it at that.

There was one thing I was thinking during the game though. Whenever Phoenix gets scored on, they take the ball out of bounds and head up court immediately. They are obviously the fastest team in the league at going from defense to offense, thanks mostly to Steve Nash.

My thought was this: why don't teams try to slow down the Suns by pressuring the inbound pass off of a score? The man closest to the inbounds pass could pressure the ball. I'm not talking a full-court press, I'm just talking about something to slow down that inbounds pass to give you a chance to set up your defense before the Suns get down on offense.

I don't know, I'm not an NBA coach, obviously, but it's just a thought.

The NCAA tournament starts today, actually, I'm watching the Maryland-Davidson game on-demand as we speak. I'll have my thoughts on the first day posted late tonight or tomorrow morning. Not that they really matter, it just keeps me entertained.

Who's my pick to win? My bracket has the Ohio State University beating Florida in the finals, so by my calculations that means neither of those teams will make it past the Sweet Sixteen.

I saw 300 a couple of nights ago. Awesome movie. It's badass level was pretty much off the charts. One thought I had throughout the movie was that it was good to see John Amaechi get a start in movies:



Oh boy, I'm going to hell, no more gay jokes. Enjoy the tournament.