Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm Never Really Asleep Cuz Only One Eye's Closed

I haven't posted in a while, and frankly, I haven't had time. Well, that's a lie. I have had time but I've been really busy and I just haven't had the motivation to post. I have been taking care of somethings that might really enhance this blog, so keep your fingers crossed on that.

I am delighted to tell you that my NCAA tournament bracket is healthy. I was planning on taking a picture of me lighting my bracket on fire and posting it up here, but my bracket looks good. I picked three out of four of the final four teams with only UCLA not there and both of my national championship teams are alive.

Speaking of sports contests that I'm in and get no real benefit from winning, I'm dominating my NBA.com fantasy league and in second place in my Yahoo! fantasy league with a bye in the first round of the playoffs. Who's beating me in my Yahoo! league you ask? Amazingly, my dad. I'm as shocked as you are.

Back to the Final Four though. The more I think about it, the more excited I am. For some reason this Final Four seems amazingly strong. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about; maybe I've been reading too much Bill Simmons; I don't know, but I'm excited.

My pick is still the Ohio State over Florida in the final. Greg Oden for MOP just because if Ohio State wins the NCAA will feel compelled to give it to him. I won't argue.

I haven't watched a lot of NBA this past week, my guess is I'm subconsciously saving my energy for the playoffs, or LeBron-Jamesing it, because I know I will be watching a ton of basketball when playoffs come around.

Speaking of LeBron, how about his new house? I'm thinking of faxing my résumé over there so maybe I can get a better paying job. Somebody has to work in his bowling alley, right?

That's about all for me tonight. I need more sleep these days.