Monday, March 19, 2007

Growing Up So Fast

Today is March 19, and by my calculations, that means I've been doing this blog for exactly a year now. Exciting stuff isn't it? So in honor of this being this blog's first birthday or one year anniversary or whatever you want to call it, I thought we might look at some of things I said in that first post:

This blog is going to be about basketball first and foremost. I will try to keep details of my personal life out of this blog just as much to maintain my privacy as to not bore you out of your skull. Whenever I feel the need to talk about something in the sport of basketball, I will probably post it here. The majority of these posts will be about the NBA, but occasionally college and other basketball will be discussed.

I think I've done a pretty good job meeting those criteria. I mostly talk about the NBA, I leave most of my personal life out of this, and I post my thoughts about what I see. All in all, an accurate promise.

My goal is to update this blog at least once a week. I am not sure if I will be able to stick to that plan, I have a habit of neglecting things after a while, but I will do my best. On here you will find game notes, articles, editorials, and other basketball news. I will even post links to stories and articles by me and other writers I find of interest.

This is where some of the deceit and lies begin. I honestly try to update the blog at least once a week. My real goal is to post Monday through Friday, but I think we all know that's not going to happen. The best part though is this line : "I have a habit of neglecting things after a while, but I will do my best." Ha! Yeah, I think the entire summer can be attributed to that sentence right there. I have done a pretty good job at posting some different things on here. I haven't done a full game notes in a while though, I should do that sometime soon.

The rest of the post just details some things in my personal life which I had said I wouldn't do right before that. And a little background info on the title of the blog. Good times all around.

Now on to real basketball stuff. The NCAA tournament so far can be described as mediocre at best. The one day where there were good games, I was nowhere to be found. Actually, I was at my sister's apartment playing Wii Sports and rocking out on Guitar Hero 2, so I

Here are some quick thoughts about the weekend in basketball:
  • Yeah, Kobe Bryant scored a total of 115 points in two games this weekend, but don't people realize that he did it against the Timberwolves and the TrailBlazers?
  • In my bracket, my national champion is still alive. In fact, my Final Four is still alive. In fact, my Elite Eight is still alive. Maybe this actually is a good NCAA tournament.
  • How the Spurs follow up a 13 game winning streak in which they played excellent with back to back losses to the Bucks and Celtics, I will never know.
  • On second thought, they did lose to the Celtics on St. Patrick's Day.
  • There are only six more weeks left in the semester. Just thought you'd want to know.
  • I really hope Greg Oden and Kevin Durant both stay in college for another year, just to mess with Memphis and Boston.
  • Speaking of Durant, he should still be National POY.
  • The NCAA needs a defensive POY. And if they already have it, they need to publicize it more.
That's all for tonight.