Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wednesday Night Recap

Nothing really surprising last night. Unless you expected the Suns to sweep the Lakers that is. Kobe Bean Bryant scored 29 to lead the Lakers past the Suns. My favorite Lamar Odom had 21 with 7 rebounds and 5 assists. The only other Lakers in double figures? Kwame Brown and Sasha Vujacic.

For the Suns, Steve Nash had 29 points with 9 assists and even 7 rebounds, but also had 6 turnovers. And Raja Bell had 23. Did I watch all of this game? No. I watched the first quarter, and then I caught up on some sleep, which I had been severely deprived of this week.

Also last night, the Mavs looked strong against the Grizz, easily winning to take a 2-0 lead on Memphis. The question now is, will the Grizzlies ever win their first playoff game? My guess, not this year. The Grizzlies are not playing well at all, and the Mavs are. Simple as that. Maybe the Clippers were right to lose the last few games of the regular season. Look how they're doing against the Nuggets (who have suspended Kenyon Martin for two games). But as with my predictions, they're almost always wrong.

And for some reason, the NBA decided not to nationally televise the Pistons against the Bucks, much like the night before when the Pacers-Nets game was not shown. I don't care if they're going on at the same time, I want to be able to watch every game. Show one on TNT and one on ESPN, or one on ESPN and another on ESPN2. I don't care, I just want to have the option of watching every game without having to purchase League Pass. Come on NBA, feed me.

Oh, and the Pistons cruised by the Bucks. And if I'm a Pistons fan, I'm concerned that the Pistons are too good for their Eastern Conference competition. By the time the Finals come around, this team could be in cruise mode and not be able to adjust to playing close games. I'm not saying it's going to happen, Miami could easily give the Pistons a tough series, but the Spurs and Mavs both are going to have tough roads to get to the Finals, as they will most likely have to play each other in the next round.

I just remember my junior year of high school when we were in the playoffs. In the third round of the playoffs, it took us six overtimes to beat this school Reagan. And another team in our district, Clark, who we were going to play in the next round easily beat the team they faced. When we played Clark, we were so hyped up after our last game, even though it was three days before, we took it to them and won. Like I said before, I'm not saying it's going to happen to the Pistons, it's just something to think about.

Nets-Pacers, Miami-Chicago, and Clips-Nuggets tonight. See you later.