Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Luck Beats Skill

"Ron Artest is suspended for game 2 because of his forearm shiver of Manu Ginobili. That means that it will be even easier for the Spurs to score inside, and I expect them to win by about 20 tonight."

Yes, that is what I said yesterday. And yes, I was way off. But I have no problem making fun of myself or admitting when I'm wrong. It's fun actually. Either way, a great game was played last night with the Kings playing hard and taking the Spurs to the wire. I don't know what to say about the play the Spurs came out with at the end of regulation to tie it other than it was great. Gregg Popovich doesn't' get nearly enough credit for the job he's done with the Spurs this season and since he's been there. Something tells me that with three rings, he doesn't care one bit.

So the series moves to Sacto for game 3 on Friday night. I expect the Kings to come out with energy, Arco Arena to be very loud, and it to be a very close game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings win game 3, but I believe if they do, it will be their only win.

The Nets tied up their series with the Pacers at one game apiece. Everyone has talked about Vince Carter scoring 33 points, but more importantly, Jason Kidd was four points short of a triple double, and Nenad Krstic had 20 and 10. And unfortunately, Carter still does that motorcycle thing after every dunk he has. For the Pacers, Anthony Johnson was the leading scorer with 17 points, and when that happens, you know you're in trouble. Jermiane O'Neal only had 12 and 7 with six turnovers. I expect the Nets to take the next two in Indiana. But we all see what happens when I make predictions, so we'll see.

Also in the Eastern Conference, the Wiz evened up their series with the Cavs. LeBron James was brought back down to Earth after his first playoff game, but by no means had a bad game. But there were some bad stats in his game. 10 turnovers? Only 2 assists? Expect the Cavs to have a better game in game 3, but if the Wiz win, they can take control of the series.

Early news today says that Steve Nash is going to win his second straight MVP award. Congratulations to him. The Suns take on the Lakers tonight, the Pistons against the Bucks, and Dallas versus the Grizz. Make sure you tune in.