Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Playoffs Babeeeee!

No, I wasn't quoting Dick Vitale there. If I ever knowlingly quote Vitale, I will never write again. Anyways, finally we are in the playoffs which last almost as long as the regular season. Have you ever seen the movie "Baseketball" where Kenny Mayne is to explaining the playoffs to the television audience and it seems to go on forever? Yeah, he was explaining the NBA playoffs.

Some good games, some blowouts, and some surprises. First, we'll start with my Spurs who crushed the Kings in SA on Saturday. I don't expect them to play like that every game, but it just goes to show you how good this team is when everybody is clicking. Nazr Mohammed for three? Fabulous. Ron Artest is suspended for game 2 because of his forearm shiver of Manu Ginobili. That means that it will be even easier for the Spurs to score inside, and I expect them to win by about 20 tonight.

Cleveland is up 1-0 on the Wiz after LeBron James did what I can't even put into words. Let's just say that he's really good, and will most likely be the best ever. I don't think he does anymore is going to surprise me, unless it's bad, because I'm just expecting him to be the greatest now. I'm guessing the Wiz will win tonight to take a 1-1 series back to the capitol. I think this series will go at least six.

The Pacers beat the Nets on probably the worst call I've seen since Kobe Bryant threw his arm at Devin Brown at the end of the game against the Jazz early in the season and got three freethrows out of it. You absolutely do not make that call at the end of a game. Especially not in the NBA. Especially not in the playoffs. C'mon, I've seen middle school refs do a better job of letting the players decide the end of a close game. Either way, I don't see the Pacers winning more than one more game the rest of the series, they're really not a very good team.

The Heat are up 2-0 on the Bulls after winning last night. The Bulls best field goal defensive team in the NBA? Adios. Not in the playoffs. Thank you for playing again this year Chicago, enjoy New York's top 3 pick and we'll see you next year.

The Clippers are winning. In the playoffs! Yes, that sound you hear is hell freezing over. Could the Clips make it to the conference finals? Possibly. Could they make it to the NBA Finals? Nah. It's still interesting to think about though. My question is this, why do playoff teams keep clamoring to sign Gary Payton to make a run at the title when Sam Cassell is obviously the better choice? Oh well.

The Grizz need more than 0 points from Pau Gasol in the first half in order to make a game of it against the Mavs in game 2. Congratulations to Avery Johnson on winning the coach of the year. Everyone in San Antonio knew he was going to make a great head coach when he was the point guard of the Spurs. He earned it.

Detroit is going to finish off Milwaukee quickly, especially if Michael Redd shoots the way he did in game 1. Thanks for coming Milwaukee, enjoy your parting gifts.

Kobe Bryant a team player? I never thought I'd see the day. And you know what the crazier thing is? It almost worked. And it will work if he's a little more efficient next time he tries it. Lamar Odom is still one of my favorite players in the league, especially when he's aggressive.

Enjoy the games tonight, and we'll see you soon. Go Spurs go!