Friday, September 01, 2006

It's The End of The Worlds As We Know It

All my optimism was for nothing apparently. I was really hoping that Team USA would win these World Championships. It seems like everyone was against them. They were either supposed to lose, because they can't shoot or don't have this or don't have that, or they were supposed to win because we have the best players in the world. But it seems like nobody WANTED them to win. Nobody was cheering for them to win. I was. I know there were people out there who were. But all we heard was the criticism, the scrutiny. Too much celebrations from Justin Doom. Hater. They were doomed to fail from the beginning by Chris Mannix. Pessimist. When can we just cheer for our country's team and point out the good things that are happening? Carmelo Anthony is playing the best basketball of his career. Dwight Howard is turning into the second coming of Shaquille O'Neal. Joe Johnson has quietly one of the most complete games in the league. Why can't we talk about those things, instead of all the negatives. I don't know about you, but I'm excited for the season to start now. I'm looking forward to the Olympics in 2008. I'm saying it right now. The Team USA bandwagon is completely empty right now, but I'm riding shotgun. Who's rolling with me?