Monday, September 11, 2006

All Is Quiet

It's Monday morning, and it's a muggy one here in central Texas. It looks like it's going to start raining here in about the next five minutes or so. The NFL kicked off this weekend, and though this is a strictly basketball blog, there's just not much going on right now. My Texans lost, which really isn't that surprising. But David Carr had a pretty good day, at least in the first half. Hopefully they can bounce back next weekend.

The only real news in the NBA is that Pau Gasol is out about four months with a broken foot that he suffered in the semifinals of the World Championships. That's bad news for the Grizzlies, and bad for basketball, because now people are going to be up in arms about NBA players playing in tournaments during the summer and getting hurt. My thoughts? Stuff happens, get over it. I'd much rather have my players getting hurt playing basketball than doing something else. Yeah, it's a tough break for the Grizzlies, but he's only going to miss the first 2-3 months of the season. They should be good enough to stay competitive until he gets back, and if not, than it shouldn't make a difference whether he's there or not, because they're obviously not that good.

Lastly today, I want to send a huge thanks out to Sam Amico at ProBasketballNews.com for providing a link to this site on their main page. You can never get anywhere without help from others, so I appreciate him doing this. I'll be back in a day or two with my opinions on who did good and bad this offseason. Adios.