Thursday, September 07, 2006

Void In My Life

The World Championships are over. Free Agency is for all practical purposes over. What am I going to do with the time from now until training camps open? Probably watch football and baseball. That doesn't offer much consolation though seeing as my favorite baseball team is the Houston Astros, who probably won't make the playoffs as a wild card. And my favorite football team is the Houston Texans. I just read today that Bill Simmons compared the Texans pick of Mario Williams over Reggie Bush to the Portland Trailblazers taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. A haunting comparison in every aspect, and unfortunately, a just one. So all I can do now is hope that ESPN Classic airs more Shaq Days like they did this past weekend to tie me over until October. I'll update when updates become available. I guess it would be productive for me to make preseason picks and offseason grades. We'll look into doing that. Until next time, adios.