Thursday, August 31, 2006

Must See NBA TV and The Warriors

Alright, back for the second time today. Only two things going on in basketball right now. First is the World Championships in Japan. The U.S. beat Germany by 20 on Wednesday morning. I wish I could say that I woke up/stayed up for an unprecedented 7th consecutive time to watch the live game, but I didn't. I was in dire need of making up for my lack of sleep over the weekend. But I did catch the replay last night. What are my thoughts? Well, in all honesty, the same as everyone else's. They couldn't shoot, but played enough defense to win. It's as simple as that. But these next games are must see basketball TV in my opinion. Argentina vs. Spain? USA vs. Greece? If you are a fan of basketball, whether it be international or NBA, you have to love those matchups. And then the final? I can't wait.

In the NBA, the only news lately has been the hiring of Don Nelson as the coach for the Golden State Warriors. I personally love the idea of Nellie coaching the Warriors again. I think he'll implement the style his old Warriors and Mavs teams used, back when the Mavs were continually knocked out of the playoffs in the second round by the Spurs (burn!). But as long as he can get the Warriors to have fun and make the playoffs at least once during his time there, I think you can consider it a success. We'll see how it goes.

I think that's all for today. I'll be back on tomorrow sometime to post my thoughts on Team USA's semifinal game vs. Greece. Have a good one.