Thursday, August 31, 2006

Is This Thing On?

First off today, I want to give a HUGE, and I can't emphasize that word enough, shout out to Sam Rubenstein and SLAM Online for posting a link to this blog on their site. Now I don't feel like a crazy person who's only talking to himself. I might actually have an audience.

So to those of you (or all of you) who might be new to this site, welcome. The general idea here is that I post my thoughts on what is going on in the basketball world. It might be something somebody else has already talked about, and it might not. You'll never know, it's just how I feel that particular day.

One thing I would like to talk about right now is the title of this blog. On first glance, it seems like of lame. And after explaining it to you, it might still seem kind of lame. And if that's the case, bite me. Anyway, when I was in elementary school, everybody had those T-shirts that said "Basketball is life" and on the back it said "The rest is just details." That is sort of the idea behind this blog. And that phrase just takes me back to the time when I really fell in love with the game of basketball. So the name stays. That's all for right now, because I have to go to class. But I'll post some more later.