Sunday, August 27, 2006

Getting Closer

In uneventful fashion, Team USA rolled past Australia early this morning on its way to the quarter finals of the World Championships. A 32-6 second quarter put the separation between the two teams and not much changed after that. My friends and I actually left and went to IHOP during the third quarter because the game was decided so quickly. But nonetheless, I always enjoy a win. Up next for Team USA is Germany, led by none other than Dirk Nowitzki.

Some notable standouts from the Australia game: Chris Bosh, who looks like he's finally gotten some confidence after putting up 20 and 10 against Senegal. Joe Johnson had 18 points, and of course Carmelo Anthony did his thing and scored 20 points. As much as I'd like to elaborate on how the game went, there's plenty of other sports sites that do that. But I think that the US is on its way to a gold medal. And I'm looking forward to seeing them play either Spain or Argentina in the finals.