Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Down with the King?

A lot of people are on LeBron's case today. You know what? I'm not. I'm going to break it down for you:
  • Donyell Marshall is a very good three-point shooter.
  • Donyell Marshall was wide-the-hell open.
  • LeBron is a great passer.
  • LeBron had about three good-to-great defenders coming at him when he got to the lane.
  • The old saying is you go for the tie at home and you go for the win on the road. Well, the Cavs were on the road.
  • Calm the f*ck down. If Marshall hits the three, the Cavs win and everybody is talking about what a great decision LeBron made to pass the ball.
  • I've heard people say that Michael Jordan would've taken the shot. I seem to remember Money hitting Steve Kerr and John Paxson for game winning jumpers in his playoff career.
The draft lottery is tonight and the future decade for several franchises could be decided tonight, good or bad. My God I'm glad the Spurs are in the playoffs; I couldn't deal with that stress. But I'm excited to see what happens.

I'll be at game 2 of the Spurs-Jazz tonight and I'll watch the lottery there. I'll have my thoughts from both the lottery and game here tomorrow.