Sunday, March 19, 2006

Welcome

To be totally honest with you, I don't' really know how to start this off. I think of myself as a good writer and someone very knowledgeable about the sport of basketball, but I am finding it difficult to create a beginning to this whole thing. I guess this first post should be an introduction more than anything.

This blog is going to be about basketball first and foremost. I will try to keep details of my personal life out of this blog just as much to maintain my privacy as to not bore you out of your skull. Whenever I feel the need to talk about something in the sport of basketball, I will probably post it here. The majority of these posts will be about the NBA, but occasionally college and other basketball will be discussed.

My goal is to update this blog at least once a week. I am not sure if I will be able to stick to that plan, I have a habit of neglecting things after a while, but I will do my best. On here you will find game notes, articles, editorials, and other basketball news. I will even post links to stories and articles by me and other writers I find of interest.

Despite what I had previously stated in this post, this is the first post on this blog, so I feel it is necessary to establish a little bit of who I am here. My name is Andrew McNeill, and I'm from the south Texas. I have spent most of my life in San Antonio, but I currently attend college in a small town called Temple. I also spend a significant amount of my time in Austin also. Currently I play basketball at Temple College. I also have a beautiful girlfriend who I've been with for the past two years.

Being from San Antonio, I am a huge Spurs fan. Because of that, I will talk about the Spurs a lot. That's just the way it is, there's no other way around it. My favorite player is Tim Duncan, for obvious reasons, but I'm also a fan of all around players like Lamar Odom, Andrei Kirilenko, Andre Iguodala and Josh Howard.

Now that we covered me, we come to the title of this blog. About ten or twelve years ago, when I was in elementary school, there were these shirts that everybody wore and, depending on what sport they liked, they said "Basketball is life. The rest is just details." Stupid shirts in retrospect, but the phrase rings true in my life. My life revolves around basketball. I have my personal life separate from basketball, but everything else, from school to what I plan to do for a career involves basketball. And this blog is just a part of that.

Stay tuned.